Student Recruitment Office
The Student Recruitment Office is responsible for recruiting undergraduates.
Our purpose is to lead and co-ordinate all work to ensure the University reaches its home and EU undergraduate admissions targets, to improve the academic quality of the University’s intake and to protect the diversity of this intake.
These pages are aimed at all staff and students of the University of Leicester who are looking to find out more about the work of the office; those who may be involved an any of a wide range of activities aimed at attracting and recruiting students to the University and who may be seeking support or advice about this work.
The pages include:
- Working with prospective students - how we communicate with enquirers and applicants, enable them to visit and find out more about the University and how departments can use the many and varied channels to communicate with these students.
- Our work with schools - how we target schools and colleges and the events and activities we offer to them.
- How we support departments - how we can help departments to target their school and college recruitment and widening participation work most effectively.
- Recruitment and Widening Participation strategies - the aims, objectives and priorities of our office for the coming year and the strategies that the University has in place in agreement with HEFCE and OFFA with regards to widening participation.
- Staff development and training - our programme of events for all staff to learn about different aspects of undergraduate student recruitment and widening participation.
- Information for current students - how current students can get involved in our student ambassador scheme and our work in schools.
- About Us - who we are, what we do and how you can contact us.
- Events calendar - a rough and ready calendar of what happens when in the annual cycle of our work.