Press Office Services for Staff and Students
The Press Office aims to enhance the reputation and visibility of the University through effective media communications. We seek out newsworthy stories that support our strategic mission to disseminate to the media.
These webpages provide resources and guidance for staff and students wishing to publicise news externally and who are required to deal with the media. Resources specifically for journalists are provided on the main Press Office website.
- Publicising Your Work - How we publicise your story and what you can do to improve it.
- Dealing With the Media - Handling interviews, journalists on-campus, and controversy.
- Media Coverage - Where the University has appeared in the media.
- Work Experience and Internships - Opportunities for those seeking a career in the media.
- About Us - Who we are and what we do.
What we do
We facilitate interactions with journalists through the production and effective targeting of press releases to the appropriate local, national and specialist press, and we also put journalists in contact with you, fielding external media enquiries.
We also distribute news about the University directly to internal and external audiences via the Newsblog in collaboration with the Marketing Communications Office. We edit and publish the University's corporate magazine LE1 twice a year.
The Press Office is part of the Division of Corporate Affairs and Planning.
You can also watch a short video about the work of the University's Press Office on YouTube (2 mins).