Planning links and resources
This page contains some useful planning links, both internal and external:
- University's Strategic Vision (pdf)
- University Profile 2011/12 (pdf)
- Summaries of College Plans (pdf) (CFS login required)
- Corporate Services Plan and Library Plan
- Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS).
BIS promotes innovation, enterprise and science to create the conditions for successful business growth. BIS are currently running a consultation on HE reform.
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
HEFCE distributes public money for teaching and research to universities and colleges. Some useful HEFCE links include:
- Higher Education Statistical Agency (HESA)
HESA is the official agency for the collection, analysis and dissemination of quantitative information about higher education.
- Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI)
HEPI was established with the aim to ensure as far as possible that higher education policy development in the UK is informed by research and by knowledge of the experience of others.
- Quality Assurance Agency (QAA)
The QAA safeguards quality and standards in UK higher education, checking how well universities and colleges meet their responsibilities.
- Research Assessment Exercise - RAE
The primary purpose of the RAE 2008 was to produce quality profiles for each submission of research activity made by institutions.
- Research Councils UK (RCUK)
RCUK is a strategic partnership between the seven UK Research Councils.
- Training and Development Agency (TDA)
The TDA stite provides information about training, development and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- University and Colleges Admissions System (UCAS)
UCAS is responsible for managing applications to higher educationn courses in the UK.
Unistats is run by HESA, and aimed at students. It provides a wide range of information on UK universities, including NSS results.
- Universities UK
Universities UK is the major representative body and membership organisation for the higher education sector.