Organising public lectures and other public events
These guidelines are designed to help staff who are organising public lectures at the University. They are generally applicable to all public events.
What, where, when
First confirm the date, time and title of lecture. Fixing these at the earliest point maximises the opportunities for publicity.
Information and advice for event organisers
- Venue and facilities: book your room, AV equipment, catering, photography
- Campus requirements: car parking, signage, contacting Estates, who else to contact
- Publicity: printed, online, press releases, distributing invites and fliers
- Planning your event: itinerary, Chair/Q&A, bookshop
- Afterwards - and contacts in case of cancellation
The University of Lecture usually has at least two, and sometimes up to five, public lectures every week during term time. Inaugural lectures are held every second Tuesday.