Residence Life

Students Talking

The Residence Life team consists of Residential Support Managers, Senior Residential Advisers and Residential Advisers, all of whom are on hand to offer support if you have any issues in your time with us.

Residential Support Managers:

The Residence Life team is led by two full time Residential Support Managers. They manage and supervise a team of Residential Advisers across both City Living and Oadby Student Village sites. They can be contacted during by emailing or contacting the number on the back of the residence guide you received on arrival.

Residential Advisers:

Residential Advisers are students that are employed to provide support and guidance to other students living in halls of residence. A key element of this role is to actively promote a sense of community within each residence in order to maintain the safety, health and wellbeing of all students. All residents of University accommodation will have a Residential Adviser who will be dropping in on a regular basis to say hello and to deliver useful information.

If you need support:

An RA is on duty every night during term time. The duty call out number can be found on the key ring which is issued with your room key on arrival or on the Residence Guide which can be found in your room.

Occasionally residents may have problems settling into their accommodation. If you are still having problems after giving yourself time to get used to a new environment, you should seek advice from your Residential Adviser.  You can also contact the Site Reception or the Student Welfare Office during office hours.

Share this page: