Environment "Green Rooms"
Residential and Commercial Services are dedicated to doing all we can to help the environment.
How are we helping the environment?
- All of our accommodation sites provide basic recycling facilities
- All of our accommodation sites provide cycle racks
- We encourage staff as well as students to turn off electrical equipment when they are not using it
- We encourage both staff and students to turn off lights when they leave a room. Some places have lights on sensors.
- Where possible we contact students via email to cut down on the use of paper within the department. Students should check their email accounts regularly
- We encourage staff to only print documents when necessary and to print double sided where possible
- We are part of the Green Impact initiative which is run by the University of Leicester's Environment Team. Earlier this year we won two Bronze Awards
- We also take part in Big Green Week (run by the Environment Team) in order to promote healthy food
For information on recycling facilities at each site, please see the site pages under student accommodation.