Self catered Residence
You are responsible for cleaning your own room and sharing the cleaning of the communal areas, this applies to standard and ensuite rooms. Some limited support is given by our domestic staff.
Those living in Bowder Court, The Coppice, Opal and the Grange are solely responsible for cleaning your room and communal areas
Catered halls of Residence
Ensuite bedrooms are normally cleaned once every two weeks, the main aim of this is to clean the bathroom area.
Standard bedroom cleaning is the responsibility of the occupant.
Public areas are to be kept clean and tidy by all residents. You will be assisted by domestic staff on a once a week basis.
All students are responsible for the removal of all rubbish to the outside bins. All sites promote recycling and designated bins and bottle banks are provided.
Students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms prior to departure, this includes:
- Clean the room, vacuum, dust, clean internal glass
- Fold bedding if provided
- Remove pictures etc from walls and other surfaces carefully to ensure the decoration is not damaged
- Remove rubbish to refuse bins outside
- Ensure that all the required University property is in the room and is undamaged and in the same place as found on arrival
- Have the room checked and outgoing inventory completed
- Return room keys
- All belongings and food must be removed from the kitchen - including fridge/freezer
Students will be required to remove all personal belongings from the room before departure at the end of the summer term. The University will accept no responsibility for any lost or damaged belongings at any time.