New University of Leicester mobile app brings host of interactive features to your fingertips
The University of Leicester has made the leap onto your mobile with the first phase of a new app for iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets.
The app contains a host of resources for current and prospective students, staff and visitors – from finding a building on campus, looking up class or assignment details on Blackboard, searching for books in the library or even locating free computers around the University.
It also contains all the latest news, videos and images as well as quick access to the University’s social media accounts on sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr.
You can download the app from the iTunes app store by searching for “Leicester”, or from the Android Google Play store by searching for “University of Leicester”. A University mobile site is also available for devices using other operating systems at mob.le.ac.uk
This is the first phase of the app and will be continued to be developed by both Blackboard and the University itself.
The app includes:
• Maps - Lost? The map feature can find out where you are, where you need to go and what the building looks like. Use Augmented Reality to discover buildings near you on campus.
• Blackboard - Get instant access to Blackboard Learn to supplement your learning whilst mobile.
• Find a PC - With its helpful ‘Find a PC’ feature finding computers around university has been made easy – simply use the app, pick a location and it will tell you how many computers are available at that time.
• Library - Browse and check item availability using the complete University of Leicester Library Catalogue.
• Open Days - Find out when the next scheduled Open Days are being held, book a place and find information to help with your visit.
• News - Get the latest headlines, browse and search recent articles to stay informed with important campus news.
• Videos - University of Leicester videos including studying and living at Leicester are available to watch whenever and wherever you like.
• Images - Browse and share images from University of Leicester collections.
• Get Help - Access important numbers when you need them. Call to report an emergency or get information from the University of Leicester Hotline.
• Social - Access University of Leicester official social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, YouTube, Flickr).
If you have downloaded and used the app – let us know what YOU think. Send us your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can see current feedback and suggestions from users. This feedback will help inform the future development and improvement of the app.