Make a date for the Summer Reunion on 30 June
On Saturday 30 June the campus will be packed for the University of Leicester Summer Reunion 2012, a great big celebration of stuff with lots to do – and you don’t need to be a graduate of the University to attend. There will be demonstrations, lectures, tours, activities for children and loads more.
- Take a tour of the Library and see some of the Special Collections.
- Drop into the Medical School to learn about how we measure lung function, how we study eye-tracking, and the correct way to wash your hands.
- Hear mini-lectures on subjects ranging from climate change to football.
- Witness the age-old contest of youth versus experience as our current Ladies Basketball team take on a team of alumni.
- Try your hand at the arts and crafts workshops at Embrace Arts, or pick up something from the craft fair.
- All this and: Quidditch! A teddy bears hospital! Free lunches for kids! A magic show! And of course, the Department of Chemistry’s legendary ice cream demonstration…
- Not forgetting our keynote lecture: this year, Professor Rob Colls from our School of Historical Studies will speak on ‘England and the Olympics’.
For University of Leicester graduates, there is the Alumni Association AGM and a special lunch for anyone who graduated between 1940 and 1958. University staff and their families can also enjoy the Open Day at Summer Reunion.
If you’re around in the evening, head for the Scholar bar in the Students’ Union for a quiz, curry buffet, karaoke and disco. And if you’re making a weekend of it, pop over to the Botanic Gardens on Sunday 1 July for the Plant Sale and Family Day.
Please book your place on the Summer Reunion by 25 June to give us chance to finalise arrangements. If you have any questions, please contact the Development and Alumni Relations Office on 0116 252 2418 or email@example.com