An opportunity to improve your use of forensic techniques
Hosted by our Department of Engineering, the Smart Forensics conference will offer a range of expert speakers drawing on their own experience in forensic science, as well as providing a showcase for the University’s own research in this area.
Keynote speakers include Professor Bernard Silverman, Chief Scientific Adviser to the Home Office, and Chris Eyres who is both Deputy Chief Constable of Nottinghamshire Police and the ACPO National Lead for Forensic Procurement.
University academics presenting at the event include:
- Dr John Bond OBE - inventor of the groundbreaking technique for lifting fingerprints from bullets
- Professor Guy Rutty - Head of the University-based East Midlands Forensic Pathology Unit
- Professor Sarah Hainsworth - Professor of Materials Engineering and Graduate Dean, who has done extensive research into stab wounds
Smart Forensics is aimed at:
- Directors of Forensic Services
- Scenes of Crime and Scientific Support Managers and their teams
- Heads of Criminal Justice
- Police and Criminal Justice Agencies
- Forensic Scientists
- Crime Reduction Policy Professionals
- Crime Reduction Partnership Officers
- Forensic Science Service Providers
- Government Departments
- Researchers and Academics
The event takes place in our conference facilities at John Foster Hall in Oadby. Registration is £150, or £220 including accommodation. You can register online or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.