Richard III story goes global
Our story about the search for King Richard III’s final resting place went live just after midnight, since when the story has really captured people’s imagination around the world.
From the Ormskirk and Skelmersdale Advertiser to the Holyhead and Anglesey Mail, every corner of the UK has shown an interest, and now the story is spreading around the world. Here is just a selection of the coverage.
- BBC News: Richard III's remains: Leicester car park dug up
- Mirror: Richard III: Is former King of England buried under car park in Leicester?
- Daily Mail: Is this the lost grave of King Richard III? Archaeologists dig under council car park for monarch killed in Battle of Bosworth
- Telegraph: Is Richard III 'buried under council car park'?
- ITV News: Richard III Archaeologists Dig
- Los Angeles Times: Archaeologists look for King Richard below British parking lot
- Perth Now: Medieval British king sought under car park
- CBS News: Grave of King Richard III may be under parking lot
- International Business Times: King Richard III Supposedly Buried Under A Parking Lot: Will His Remains Be Found?
- Voice of Russia: Richard III's remains to be found under car park
- Montreal Gazette: Canadian family holds genetic key to Richard III puzzle
- Newsround: Is King Richard III buried under car park in Leicester?
You can also hear Richard Buckley from ULAS and Philippa Langley from the Richard III Society interviewed on the Radio 4 Today programme on iPlayer, starting at 2h48m. And BBC Radio Leicester's Talking History programme on Sunday had a live report from the site (starting at 34m) followed by a studio discussion.