6+1+2012 = Applied Mathematics Conference
The Annual Meeting of the UK and Republic of Ireland Section of the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics will take place in the Bennett Building on Friday 6 January 2012.
The programme of speakers includes:
- Helen Byrne (University of Oxford)
- Simon Chandler-Wilde (University of Reading)
- Charlie Elliott (University of Warwick)
- Bill Lionheart (University of Manchester)
- Alex Lipton (Bank of America Merrill Lynch/Imperial College London)
- Phillipe Toint (The University of Namur)
The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) is an international community of over 13,000 individual members. Almost 500 academic, manufacturing, research and development, service and consulting organisations, government, and military organisations worldwide are institutional members.
SIAM fosters the development of applied mathematical and computational methodologies needed in these various application areas. Applied mathematics in partnership with computational science is essential in solving many real-world problems. Through publications, research, and community, the mission of SIAM is to build cooperation between mathematics and the worlds of science and technology.