What's on this week at the University of Leicester
Tuesday 23 August 2011
Jimmy Eat World
- O2 Academy, More information
Wednesday 24 August 2011
Horticulture workshop: wildlife in the garden (part 1)
Learn about sympathetic growing methods, how to identify what's there and what you should and should not squash. (Part 2 on 7 September.)
- Botanic Garden, 10.00am, £10, More information
Thursday 25 August 2011
Geological tour of Sculpture in the Garden
Led by Dr Gawen Jenkin from the Department of Geology.
- Botanic Garden, 6.00pm, £3 (kids free), More information
An(other) Story: Folk and tribal arts in India
Explores the diversity of Indian folk and tribal art styles and techniques, including Madhubani/Mithila, Gond, Warli, Patua scrolls and folk embroidery. 18 July - 30 September 2011
- Embrace Arts, free, More information
A Decade of Sculpture in the Garden
78 works by 64 artists, curated by Dr John Sydney Carter. 26 June - 30 October 2011.
- Botanic Garden, free (except on event days), More information
Spreading the Word: AIDS Posters from Around the World
Posters from the Wellcome Collection, curated by Dr Sarah Graham from the School of English.
- New Walk Museum, 15 July - 28 August 2011, More information