Photocopying, Printing and Scanning
There are self service devices on all floors.
|Ground floor||Express zone|
|Floor 1||Photocopy room and Graduate School Reading Room|
|Floor 2||Photocopy room|
|Floor 3||Photocopy room|
There is a colour photocopier on floor 1 and in the Graduate School Reading Room and two coin operated photocopiers in the basement.
Please note: There is no charge for scanning.
University staff and students
All University students and staff with a University IT account have a Printing & photocopying account
You can add credit to this by
- Paying over the internet using a credit or debit card. See adding credit to your Printing & photocopying account
- Adding cash at one of the cash kiosks. There are cash kiosks located on Floor 1 and Floor 2 of the David Wilson Library and these accept both coins and notes.
- Prices for printing and photocopying
- Sorry, no refunds are given for unused credit left in a Printing and photcopying account.
Crediting Printing & photocopying accounts by departments
Should departments wish to cover the cost of printing or photocopying for their students and staff, departmental administrators can add credit to Printing & photocopying accounts using SAP.
External users and visitors
Coin-operated photocopying is available in the Basement Photocopy Room of the David Wilson Library. The cost is 5p for A4 and 10p for A3 copies.
There are online guides and instructions in each photocopy room.
If you encounter any difficulties please ask for assistance at the Help Zone, Ground Floor of the David Wilson Library.
University staff can request that photocopies from Library stock are made on their behalf. There is a charge for this service. The current fees and charges lists the amount charged per copy.
University staff making requests will need to set up a Departmental Charging account. Please contact us to arrange this, before placing any requests.
Requests can be made using the photocopy request form, which can also be obtained from the Service Desk at the David Wilson Library.
- Completed request forms may be posted or faxed to the Library.
- We can arrange to fax requests back to users but an additional charge will be made.
Requests can also be placed via the Library Catalogue's Document Supply service, but you must:
- Have already made arrangements to set up a Departmental charging account as above.
- Note in the comments field that this is a 'Photocopy from stock' request, quoting the relevant charge code.
- Print off and sign the request form as for all requests and forward to Document Supply. This is a legal requirement.
We regret that requests cannot be processed if this procedure is not followed. Please contact us if you have any further questions about this process.
Distance learners and part-time research students
Distance learners and part-time research students are eligible to apply for photocopies via the photocopy request service at no cost up to a certian quota. For more information see the pages on accessing journal articles and Library books on the Distance Learners page.
All photocopying, whether self-service or copied by staff, is subject to UK copyright law. Further details are available by the photocopiers.