Requesting permission to scan non-CLA items
For requests not covered by the CLA licence, permission will have to be sought from the publisher, which can take at least two weeks and up to six in some cases.
It may be possible to digitise other materials, with permission from the rightsholder, and a fee is likely to be payable.
How will copyright approval be obtained?
The Library’s Copyright and Course Pack Service can either:
- Obtain a copyright fee paid copy of a chapter or article
- Obtain permission directly from the publisher.
There will be a cost to the Department, which varies depending on the publisher. Alternatively Departments can obtain this permission directly themselves (there are usually contact details or permission request forms on the publishers website). You must keep evidence of written permissions.
How to Place Copyright Fee Paid Requests
All copyright fee paid requests must be placed using a departmental Course Pack library card number and pin. Please contact email@example.com if your department requires a card, or to check whether one is already in existence.
- Sign into the library catalogue using your library card number and your library pin.
- Click on Document Supply
- You will then be provided with further choices:
- Request Conference Proceedings
- Request Journal Article / Book Chapter
- Select the appropriate link and complete the details
Please contact the Library’s Copyright and Course Pack Service for more information.