Welcome to the page for UK Government Information.
This page highlights the key parliamentary and government information sources in the United Kingdom. There are sections for key databases, guides and tutorials, UK parliament, and central government.
You can find further government information on the following pages:
Guides and Tutorials
The library has a large collection of parliamentary and government information in printed format. They are available in the Official Publications (Off Pubs) collection on floor 2 in the orange zone. All of the resources can be found by searching the catalogue, and they are arranged using a special classification or shelf-mark system.
- Hansard: current HC and HL parliamentary debates, statements, answers and petitions.
- Historic Hansard: HC and HL parliamentary debates from 1803 to 2005.
- Official Documents: official website for Command Papers (Cm), HC Papers, and selected departmental papers from 2005 to date.
- Legislation.Gov.UK: official website for UK legislation from 1267 to date. Includes acts, statutory instruments and explanatory notes.
- Library Briefing Papers: research and briefing papers produced for MPs by House of Commons Library (1991 to date). Follow on Twitter @commonslibrary.
- Gov.UK: official website of the UK government - replacing DirectGov and Business Link. Follow on Twitter @govuk.
- 10 Downing Street: official website of the British Prime Minister, including information about the coalition and cabinet. Follow on Twitter @number10gov.
- Departments & Agencies: current list of ministerial departments, non-ministerial departments, agencies and other public bodies with links to departmental website.
- UK Government Web Archive: official archive of UK central government websites as maintained by The National Achives from 2005 to date. Follow on Twitter @UKWebArchive.