Library survey: what you told us
Our thanks to everyone who completed the survey.
You identified the Library's top 5 strengths as:
- opening hours
- A comfortable and inviting location
- making the user aware of library services
- library staff who deal with users in a caring fashion
- space for group learning and group study
But you wanted to see the following areas improved, in particular:
Providing the electronic resources needed / Providing the print and electronic journal collections required
Our response: We have prioritised investment in information resources in recent years, including buying thousands of eBooks and more than 70 new journals for 2012. We are working with Colleges to review our current journal subscriptions. We plan to continue to make investment in information resources our priority.
Quiet space for individual work
Our response: We are reviewing management of noise in the study environment and have implemented some changes for the summer exam period of 2012. We are talking to the University about the longer-term provision of a Researcher Reading Room in the Library and of social learning space outside the Library but on campus.
Timely fulfilment of holds requests
Our response: We are reviewing the holds/reservation service with a view to implementing any changes for autumn 2012.
Making electronic resources accessible from my home or office
Our response: We will make further improvements to the Library Website during summer 2012. We will work with IT Services to try and simplify login arrangements for Digital Library resources.
We are also working on a number of other developments in the light of your feedback:
- replacing all PCs in the PC Zones this summer (this is being done by our colleagues in IT Services)
- introducing a netbook loan scheme within the Library - for autumn 2012
- establishing a 'book a librarian' service to improve access to specialist support