Get into the Study Zone during summer exams...
To help you get the most out of the David Wilson Library during exams we are:
- Opening 24/7 from Monday 7 May to Thursday 7 June. Access after midnight is restricted to University staff and students only, so make sure you have your Student ID/Library card with you.
- Creating additional silent areas in the Yellow Zone on Floor 2, and IT Training Room 2 on the ground floor, when it’s not in use for teaching.
- Employing more Quiet Patrollers in the evening and at weekends.
- Providing staffed services 9am to 5pm on Bank Holiday, Monday 7 May and opening for reference use on the Bank Holidays of the 4 and 5 June.
- Providing extra Help Team assistants on the floors during the day time from 8 May. Look out for the staff in the Help Team blue tops.
- Running our Text alert service so you can let us know if the Library is too noisy. Text 07900 436878, during staffed service hours.
- Opening up an extra group study room 2.0 on floor 2.
- Organising additional study spaces:
David Wilson Library IT Rooms 1 and 2 available for student study from 7 May until 8 June
Careers Service Seminar Room at weekends and from 6pm each day
Attenborough Building, Rooms 002 and 216 evenings and weekends 6pm until 10pm from 7 to 18 May and everyday from 8am until 10pm between 19 May and 8 June.
- Not allowing access to the Library by college students during May and June
Get in to the Study Zone that suits your style of revision:
|Silent Study Zones||Those wishing to study alone and in silence||
Silent Study Zone
|G||IT Training Room 2 (when not in use for teaching and for exam period only)|
|1,2 and 3||Blue and Orange Zones|
|1||Graduate School Reading Room-Silent Reading Room|
|2||Yellow Zone (for exam period only)|
|2||PC Zone 2.2|
|Quiet Study Zones||Those wishing to study alone but with some very low-volume conversation||B||Green Zone|
|1 and 3||Yellow Zones|
|1,2 and 3||PC Zones, not 2.2|
|1||Graduate School Reading Room|
|Quiet Group Study Zones||Those wishing to study in small groups with low-volume conversation||GF||Express Zone (round tables)|
|2||Graduate School Reading Room|
|3||Pink Zone (round tables)|
|Group Study Rooms||Those wishing to study in larger groups. Pre-booking essential via online room booking||B||B.1 and B.2|
|1||1.1 ,1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5|
|2||2.0, 2.1 and 2.2|
|3||3.1, 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4|
If you have any problems please find a member of staff- we are pleased to help.
Good luck with your exams!