Feedback and Complaints Procedure
We encourage our users to give us their views about library services. Feedback is used to help us improve our services.
How to give us Feedback
You can give us your feedback:
- In person
- Using the Making a suggestion form
- Using the comment form available in the library
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 0116 252 2043
- By letter: The University Library, University of Leicester, PO Box 248, University Road, Leicester, LE1 9QD
- Your Librarian
- The Student Staff Committee in your Academic Department
- Your Departmental Library Representative
Making a formal complaint
Please contact the Manager responsible for the service. They will deal with the matter immediately where they can. If an immediate resolution is not possible an explanation will be given as to what action will be taken next.
If you are still not satisfied you should address your complaint in writing to the Head of Public Services who will investigate and reply to you in writing within 5 working days.
Contact details: Ms Jo Aitkins, Head of Public Services, David Wilson Library, University of Leicester, PO Box 248, University Road, Leicester, LE1 9QD. Telephone 0116 252 5180. Email email@example.com
Whilst we will make every effort to resolve your complaint if, for any reason, you are not satisfied with the response you have received you may progress your complaint as follows.
- University of Leicester Students should follow the University of Leicester Students Complaints Procedure by completing the Formal Complaints Form.
- All other Library Users should write to: Mrs Caroline Taylor, University Librarian, David Wilson Library, University of Leicester, PO Box 248, University Road, Leicester, LE1 9QD. The University Librarian will respond to the complainant in full within twenty eight days.