Areas of Activity
The Research Professors will be responsible for developing research strategies that will benefit the University of Leicester during the short, medium and long term. Their areas of activity will be articulated with current research expertise in the University and will provide an opportunity for Leicester to attract new, high profile staff to the University.
Their main objectives will be to widen participation in, and create support for, the chosen research area. In order to achieve these objectives, it is anticipated that the Chairs will:
- Win significant grants to further develop research activity.
- Attract other high profile researchers to the University.
- Develop links with and actively publicise any existing related activities.
- Co-ordinate and organise an ongoing programme of workshops, seminars and conferences to promote the chosen area and to introduce researchers to the potentials of its work.
- Work with the University’s central services and College structures to establish a systematic mechanism for the dissemination of information and materials.
- Provide access across the academic community to shared resources such as training materials, new tools, methodologies and a software archive.
- Develop links with industrial/commercial partners.
- Enable Leicester to become an internationally recognised centre for research in the chosen area, collaborating and building relationships with scientists across the country, as well as with those overseas, and further developing industrial links.