Professorial Inaugural Lectures
The President and Vice-Chancellor Professor Paul Boyle is delighted to announce that we are resuming our Professorial Inaugural Lecture series in all of our Colleges. This will allow all of our new professors an opportunity to share their research with a broad audience, including members of the public, in the presence of family, invited friends and colleagues.
All these lectures are open to the public and free to attend. Each lecture is followed by a reception.
- 9 May 2017: Professor Pablo Cortes, School of Law 'Civil Justice Reform and the Changing Nature of Dispute Resolution'
- 16 May 2017: Professor Alex Clark, Department of Mathematics 'When shape matters: from Topology to Tilings'
- 23 May 2017: Professor Emmanuil Georgoulis, Department of Mathematics 'title TBC'
- 30 May 2017: Professor Kevin Tansey, Department of Geography 'title TBC'
- 6 June 2017: Professor Jan Zalasiewicz, Department of Geology 'title TBC'
- 13 June 2017: Professor Peter Jaffey, School of Law 'title TBC'
Plus: Professor Penelope Allison, School of Archaeology and Ancient History 'From Maori ovens to the Roman table'
- 20 June 2017: Professor Stephen Garrett, Department of Engineering 'title TBC'
Plus: Professor John Bridges, Department of Physics and Astronomy 'title TBC'