Benefits of Involvement
Benefits for Staff Include-
- Personal development, beyond that which is normally possible in management, teaching, curriculum design and research.
- Awareness of international development issues, to enhance global teaching within Leicester; for instance in the medical curriculum, Link participants play an active role in the Health & Development Special Studies Module.
- Enhanced job satisfaction results from participating in development work in a practical way.
- Possible research collaboration opportunities.
- Chance to see tropical diseases first hand no longer seen in the UK.
Leicester participants have been given a clearer understanding of educational and health priorities in a developing country with a very different culture, and they have been able to widen their experience in training, teaching and in research and clinical experience. An important feature of the Link has been bilateral visits that have given participants first hand experience of the provision of education and health in the two settings. Each visit has been set up as a project with clear short and long-term objectives, to ensure the enhancement of clinical and educational services and research in Gondar and in Leicester.
For an idea of how people have personally benefited from working with the Link please see the Personal Reflection section. You can also see details of the publications that have been published through the Link and also information about the projects that people are currently undertaking and those that have happened in the past.