Performance and Spoken word
Artist Skill Sharing Day
- Thursday 30 March, 1pm – 5pm, FREE
- Ever find the world of the arts as a bit daunting. Are you beginning to realise that “the arts” actually stands for “consistent laborious administration”? Are you starting to wonder how to even start to wonder about approaching venues, writing applications, and understand how to Edinburgh? Don’t worry you’re not the only one. This artist skill swap is a day for you and your peers to sit and chat, swap ideas and methods for all of the above – and more. This will be a day for you to meet up with your peers and share the confusion, and hopefully straighten out some other areas...
- We're looking for artists to lead a 15 minute session sharing their expertise, these areas could include;
- ▪ producer training
- ▪ how to put together a tour pack
- ▪ how to tour
- ▪ how to survive Edinburgh
- ▪ how to develop workshops and wraparound activity for shows
- ▪ Accessibility considerations for your work
- ▪ Or perhaps you have expertise in other areas?
- If you’re interested in leading a 15 minute segment please e-mail Daniel at email@example.com
- Book now
Us & Them
- Sunday 30 April (In association with Handmade Festival), 7pm - 10pm, £6 / £5
- 16+ years. May cause offence
- A scratch night with a difference, bringing together artists from the East Midlands and across the UK who are excited and inspired by innovative and thought provoking performance, for a truly memorable evening!
- Experience developing performances by Guest Artists within the fields of comedy, dance, theatre, live art and multimedia performance alongside a scratch work by a member of Tetrad. All this accompanied by a Q&A and Tetrad’s trademark unconventional hosting methods using improvisation games, scores and sketches to segue from one performance to the next.
- Book now
- Saturday 1 July, 3pm - 5pm, £5
- PlayShuffle is an open mic night for new writing, designed to lift plays off the page so they can stand on their own two feet. We provide the Dutch courage so actors can stretch their sight-reading muscles; producers and directors test their ability to sniff out potential and playwrights hear their work for the first time. To get involved please RSVP to Ruby: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book now