The Balcony Gallery: Diane E Hall: Drawing Differences
- Exhibition preview: Friday 30 October, 5.30pm
- Exhibition continues until 23 December
- Drawing has always been part of Diane’s artistic approach, and as such an integral part of her working practice. It is the immediacy of such an act and the directness with which it allows our thoughts to be externalised that is important to her. Her drawings are inspired by the debris left by the mining industry and the transformation of the National Forest area of Leicestershire, from mining to forest.
November 2015 - January 2016
Gallery 1, 2 and 3: Art, Life, Activism
- Art, Life, Activism draws on our own history as a centre for inclusive art practice, bringing you a thought-provoking look at art and disability.
- We have selected works by artists Tony Heaton, Noëmi Lakmaier, Aaron Williamson, Bobby Baker, Simon Raven, David Hevey, Adam Reynolds and Liz Crow. Using sculpture, performance, drawing and film to address issues around political activism, economic participation, medical treatment, public access and hidden history.
- Due to staff training the gallery will be CLOSED on the following dates: Tues 8 Dec.
- Exhibitions continues until 9 January 2016. View exhibition guide here
Art, Life, Activism: Tours
- Exhibition lunchtime tours every Wednesday, 12.30pm – 1.15pm, FREE. Meet at Front of House.
- 9 Dec: Exhibiting artist, TBC
16 Dec: Jeremy Webster, Deputy Director at Attenborough Arts Centre
6 Jan: Sam West, exhibition curator and Visual Arts Officer at Attenborough Arts Centre
- Group tours: Book in advance so we can tailor to the needs of your group. Maximum 25 people in group, including assistants. For more information or to book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 252 2455
- Book now
Lucy + Jorge Orta exhibition
Saturday 30 January - Sunday 24 April 2016
- Preview Friday 29 January, 6pm - 9pm
- The internationally acclaimed Lucy + Jorge Orta produce artwork that questions the social and ecological sustainability of our planet.
- Their output has been significant, employing diverse media like drawing, sculpture, installation, couture, painting, silkscreen, photography, and video, as well as staged interventions and performances.
- Book now
International Small Print
- Saturday 7 May – Sunday 10 July FREE
- Preview Friday 6 May, 6pm - 9pm
- In partnership with Leicester Print Workshop, a quadrennial open exhibition by international print makers.
- Saturday 22 July – Sunday 25 September, FREE
- Bringing together different artistic representations of plant life in modern and contemporary art, Plant Culture will explore how artists have used plants as a subject matter, material or aesthetic.