- Saturday 25 February – Sunday 21 May, FREE
- Attenborough Arts Centre brings a major new touring exhibition to Leicester which sees leading British artist, Ryan Gander, select work from Art Council Collection’s world class national collection of modern and contemporary British art.
- This exhibition includes a major new commission ‘As old as time itself, slept alone’ by Ryan Gander, presented as part of the exhibition. Night in the Museum brings together over 30 works by artists including Roger Hiorns, Henry Moore, Angela Bulloch and Wolfgang Tillmans.
For this exhibition, Gander has made a selection of works from the Arts Council Collection’s nearly 8,000 works of British art in a range of media. The majority of these were acquired from young and emerging UK-based artists over the past 70 years.
- Saturday 10 June - Sunday 20 August, FREE
- A retrospective of local artist, tutor and Associate Director at Attenborough Arts Centre Alan Caine. Caine played a crucial role in establishing the centre, where he was responsible for curating the Balcony Gallery.
- Featuring drawings and paintings that show his ongoing fascination with nature, geometry, pattern and colour; this exhibitions spans the last 30 years of Caine’s career and celebrates his significant contributions to the centre.