Night in the Museum: Ryan Gander curates Arts Council Collection
- Saturday 25 February – Sunday 21 May, FREE
- Attenborough Arts Centre brings a major new touring exhibition to Leicester which sees leading British artist, Ryan Gander, select work from Art Council Collection’s world class national collection of modern and contemporary British art.
- This exhibition includes a major new commission ‘As old as time itself, slept alone’ by Ryan Gander, presented as part of the exhibition. Night in the Museum brings together over 30 works by artists including Roger Hiorns, Henry Moore, Angela Bulloch and Wolfgang Tillmans.
For this exhibition, Gander has made a selection of works from the Arts Council Collection’s nearly 8,000 works of British art in a range of media. The majority of these were acquired from young and emerging UK-based artists over the past 70 years.
- Saturday 10 June – Sunday 20 August, FREE
- Artists Diane E Hall, Graham Ensor, Robert Thacker and Lucy Stevens present a collection of objects relating to the history of Leicester’s green urban spaces. Inspired by Leicester EXPO 72, a major celebration of industry and science held at Abbey Park in 1972, the display draws connections between the development of the city’s parks and the industries that funded them.
- This will also include a major off-site piece of land artwork by Graham Ensor; mowed into the grass at Abbey Park, the work will evolve throughout the show before being left to grow and fade until after the exhibition.