RC33 Conference 2016
9th International Conference on Social Science Methodology
11-16 September 2016
Welcome to Leicester
The University is looking forward to extending a warm welcome to all delegates for the 9th International Conference on Social Science Methodology in September 2016. The University of Leicester is an ideal venue for the 2016 RC33 Logic and Methodology in Sociology given our location in the heart of England with great transport links and connections. The Department of Sociology Conference Team will host the conference for up to 500 participants.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|Close call for session proposals||31 July 2015|
|Acceptance of session proposals||15 September 2015|
|Call for papers /abstracts submission||9 November 2015|
|Close of call for papers /abstracts submission||21 February 2016|
|Finalise sessions and presentations||15 March 2016
|Open registration||Now open (Fee info)
|Close full paper submissions||August 2016|
|Start conference||11 September 2016|
- To develop professional contacts between sociologists interested in logic and methodology in sociology.
- To encourage the worldwide exchange of research findings and theoretical developments.
- To promote international meetings and research collaboration in the field of logic and methodology in sociology.
RC33 organised the first International Conference on Social Science Methodology in Amsterdam in 1984. Subsequently, the conference has been held every four years.
University of Leicester Organising Committee
- Professor John Goodwin (Lead)- Department of Sociology
- Professor Henrietta O’Connor - Department of Sociology
- Professor Jason Hughes - Department of Sociology
- Dr Réka Plugor - Centre for Sustainable Work and Employment Futures
- Sarah Hadfield - Centre for Sustainable Work and Employment Futures
- Eimer Sparham - School of Management
- Dr Katharine Venter - School of Management
- Laurence T Droy - Department of Sociology
- Dr Jerry Coulton - Department of Sociology