Greenwood Institute of Child Health (Child and Adolescent Mental Health)
The Division of Child and Adolescent Mental Health was founded in June 1986 with the appointment of Professor Rory Nicol, Foundation Professor of Child Psychiatry. The Division was originally accommodated in the Department of Psychiatry at the Leicester Royal Infirmary and moved to the Greenwood Institute of Child Health when it officially opened in October 1993, on the site of the outpatient base of the Leicestershire Child & Family Mental Health Service. This was an academic development supported by the University of Leicester, the Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and the Institute Benefactor, Dr Hugh Greenwood.
The Division has responsibilities in teaching and research, organises and teaches the undergraduate child psychiatry curriculum, is involved in teaching on other related parts of the medical undergraduate curriculum and actively supports and participates in teaching postgraduate child mental health.
There have been a number of books and chapters written by Greenwood Institute staff on and around child mental health over the years, browse through our catalogue showing details of these.
(Please see the People page for contact details)
- Professor Panos Vostanis, Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Honorary Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Professor Nisha Dogra, Professor Psychiatry Education, Honorary Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Dr Khalid Karim, Senior Lecturer, Honorary Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Dr Michelle O'Reilly, Senior Lecturer
- Lisa Anderson, Senior Teaching Fellow
- Aisha Butt, PA to Professor Vostanis
- Pratibha Patel, Course Administrator (Short Courses)
- Jo Welch, Unit Administrator/Course Administrator
Honorary Visiting Fellow
Our research interests and expertise are in the evaluation of child mental health services and interventions, cultural diversity, impact of trauma on child mental health, inter-agency research, and service evaluation. We collaborate with many academic institutions and services in the UK and internationally.
Details of research projects (PDF*).
Each year we produce an Annual Report (PDF*) outlining recent activities.
* If you cannot open the PDF documents please Download the latest version of Adobe Reader (Opens new window).
The Greenwood Institute launched a new Distance Learning Postgraduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health course in October 2012.
Please see our Course Brochure.
Greenwood Institute of Child Health
T: +44 (0)116 225 2885
F: +44 (0)116 225 2881
E: firstname.lastname@example.org (Professor Panos Vostanis)
E: email@example.com (Unit Administrator)