Ph.D. Queen's University (Kingston, Canada)
Hawking TG, Gerdjikov TV (2013) Populations of striatal medium spiny neurons encode vibrotactile frequency in rats: modulation by slow wave oscillations. J Neurophysiol 109:315-20.
- Gerdjikov TV, Baker T, Beninger RJ (2011) Amphetamine-induced enhancement of responding for conditioned reward in rats: interactions with repeated testing. Psychopharmacology 214:891-9.
- Gerdjikov TV, Bergner CG, Stüttgen MC, Waiblinger C, Schwarz C (2010) Discrimination of vibrotactile stimuli in the rat whisker system – behavior and neurometrics. Neuron 65:530-540.
- Schwarz C, Hentschke H, Butovas S, Haiss, F, Stüttgen MC, Gerdjikov TV, Bergner CG, Waiblinger C (2010) Somatosens Motor Res 27:131-48.
- Gerdjikov TV, Rudolph U, Keist R, Mohler H, Feldon J, Yee BK (2008) Hippocampal alpha5 subunit-containing GABA(A) receptors are involved in the development of the latent inhibition effect. Neurobiol Learn Mem 89:87-94.
- Harmon-Jones E, Gerdjikov TV, Harmon-Jones C (2008) The effect of induced compliance on relative left frontal cortical activity: a test of the action-based model of dissonance. European Journal of Social Psychology 38:35-45.
- Gerdjikov TV, Giles AC, Swain SN, Beninger RJ (2007) Nucleus accumbens PKA inhibition blocks acquisition but enhances expression of amphetamine-produced conditioned activity in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 190:65-72.
- Gerdjikov TV, Beninger RJ (2006) Place preference induced by nucleus accumbens amphetamine is impaired by local blockade of Group II metabotropic glutamate receptors in rats. BMC Neurosci 7:43.
- Gerdjikov TV, Beninger RJ (2005) Differential effects of calcineurin inhibition and protein kinase A activation on nucleus accumbens amphetamine-produced conditioned place preference in rats. Eur J Neurosci 22:697-705.
- Beninger RJ, Gerdjikov TV (2005) Dopamine-glutamate interactions in reward-related incentive learning. In: Dopamine and Glutamate in Psychiatric Disorders (Schmidt WJ, Reith EAR, Eds.), pp 315-350. Totowa NJ: Humana Press Inc.
- Beninger RJ, Gerdjikov T (2004) The role of signaling molecules in reward-related incentive learning. Neurotox Res 6:91-104.
- Gerdjikov TV, Ross GM, Beninger RJ (2004) Place preference induced by nucleus accumbens amphetamine is impaired by antagonists of ERK or p38 MAP kinases in rats. Behav Neurosci 118:740-750.