Research in the Department
The Department’s research is structured into three active research clusters.
- Global Ethics and Political Theory (GEPT)
- Intelligence, Security and Strategic Studies (ISSS)
- Parties, Participation and Public Opinion (3PO)
These groups aim to promote and support high quality research, acting as a stimulating and supportive research environment for research staff and PhD students working in these areas. The three clusters meet regularly, organise seminars with external speakers and serve as a platform to discuss research in progress by staff and PhD students.
All our staff are actively engaged in publishing high-quality outputs from their research. You will find here a selected list of staff publications, and can find a more comprehensive list of publications on their individual pages.
The Department offers a wide-range of research degrees, both campus based and by Distance Learning, and a vibrant Postgraduate Research (PGR) Student culture.
We will be happy to welcome you if you are interested in undertaking a research degree with us.
Seminars and Events
Upcoming Events in the Department
- UACES- sponsored workshop: 'Sacred & Secular: Researching the Role of Religion in Contemporary Europe' , 21st June, organised by Dr Ben Clements and Dr Simona Guerra.
- Run by the 3PO Research Cluster, the third Inter-disciplinary workshop on elections, public opinion, participation and parties (LIWEPOP) will be held in July.