Dr Claire V Hutchinson
MA (University of Aberdeen), PhD (University of Nottingham)
Tel: +44 (0)116 2297183
Postal address: Department of Neuroscience, Psychology and Behaviour, School of Psychology, Henry Wellcome Building, University of Leicester, Lancaster Road, Leicester LE1 9HN.
- Spatial vision
- Motion perception
- Age-related visual decline
- Visual markers of ‘non-visual’ disorders
- Visual cognition
- Comparative (animal) sensory perception
Prospective PhD students: I supervise postgraduate students on a range of research projects. Students interested in studying for a PhD under my supervision should feel free to contact me directly. Information about how to apply is available here.
Publications (2014-15) are below. A full list can be found here.
Wilson, R.L., Paterson, K.B., Hutchinson C.V. (2015). Increased vulnerability to pattern-related visual stress in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. Perception, in press
Hutchinson, C.V., Barrett, D.J.K., Nitka, A., Raynes, K. (2015). Action video game training reduces the Simon Effect. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, in press
Swan, E.F., Hutchinson, C.V. Everard, M., Shimozaki, S.S. (2015). Aging effects in cueing tasks as assessed by the ideal observer: peripheral cues. Journal of Vision, 15(2):5, 1–18.
Hutchinson, C.V., Prados, J., Davidson, C. (2015). Persistent conditioned place preference to cocaine and withdrawal hypo-locomotion to mephedrone in the flatworm planaria. Neuroscience Letters, 593, 19-23.
Hutchinson, C.V., Walker, J., Davidson, C. (2014). Oestrogen, ocular function and low-level vision. Journal of Endocrinology, 223, R9-R18.
Hutchinson, C.V., Maltby, J., Badham, S.P., Jason, L.A (2014). Vision-related symptoms as a clinical feature of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis? Evidence from the DePaul Symptom Questionnaire. British Journal of Ophthalmology, 98, 144-145.
Hutchinson, C.V., Ledgeway, T., Allen, H.A. (2014). The ups and downs of global motion perception: a paradoxical advantage for smaller stimuli in the aging visual system. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 6: Article 199.
- Introduction to Perception and Cognition (module co-ordinator)
- Approaches to Psychology
- Abnormal and Individual Differences
- Abnormal and Individual Differences Library Module (module co-ordinator)
- Cognitive Psychology Library Module
- Visual Cognition
- Evolution, Cognition and Behaviour
- Undergraduate Dissertations
- MSc Research Projects
- School of Psychology PhD/MPhil Admissions Tutor
- BSc Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Admissions Tutor
- BSc Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Course Tutor
- Year 1 Tutor