Dr Claire V Hutchinson
MA (University of Aberdeen), PhD (University of Nottingham) Email: email@example.com Tel: +44 (0)116 2297183
MA (University of Aberdeen), PhD (University of Nottingham)
Tel: +44 (0)116 2297183
Postal address: Department of Neuroscience, Psychology and Behaviour, School of Psychology, Henry Wellcome Building, University of Leicester, Lancaster Road, Leicester LE1 9HN.
- Spatial vision
- Motion perception
- Age-related visual decline
- Visual markers of ‘non-visual’ disorders
- Visual cognition
- Comparative (animal) sensory perception
Prospective PhD students: I supervise postgraduate students on a range of research projects. Students interested in studying for a PhD under my supervision should feel free to contact me directly. Information about how to apply is available here.
Publications (2013 -15) are below. A full list can be found here.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Barrett, D.J.K., Nitka, A., Raynes, K. (2015). Action video game training reduces the Simon Effect. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review, in press
- Swan, E.F., Hutchinson, C.V. Everard, M., Shimozaki, S.S. (2015). Aging effects in cueing tasks as assessed by the ideal observer: peripheral cues. Journal of Vision, 15(2):5, 1–18.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Prados, J., Davidson, C. (2015). Persistent conditioned place preference to cocaine and withdrawal hypo-locomotion to mephedrone in the flatworm planaria. Neuroscience Letters, 593, 19-23.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Walker, J., Davidson, C. (2014). Oestrogen, ocular function and low-level vision. Journal of Endocrinology, 223, R9-R18.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Ledgeway, T., Allen, H.A. (2014). The ups and downs of global motion perception: a paradoxical advantage for smaller stimuli in the aging visual system. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, 6: Article 199.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Maltby, J., Badham, S.P., Jason, L.A (2014). Vision-related symptoms as a clinical feature of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis? Evidence from the DePaul Symptom Questionnaire. British Journal of Ophthalmology, 98, 144-145.
- Badham, S.P., Hutchinson, C.V. (2013). Characterising eye movement dysfunction in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Graefe’s Archive of Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology, 251, 2769-2776.
- Carey, D.P., Hutchinson, C.V. (2013). Looking at eye dominance from a different angle: Is sighting strength related to hand and foot preference? Cortex, 49, 2542-2552.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Stocks, R. (2013). Selectively enhanced motion perception in core video gamers. Perception, 42, 675-677.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Badham, S.P. (2013). Patterns of abnormal visual attention in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME). Optometry and Vision Science, 90, 607-614.
- Arena, A., Hutchinson, C.V., Shimozaki, S.S., Long, M.D. (2013). Visual discrimination in noise: behavioural correlates of age-related cortical decline. Behavioural Brain Research, 243, 102-108.
- Hutchinson, C.V., Ledgeway, T., Allen, H.A., Long, M.D., Arena, A. (2013). Binocular summation of second-order global motion signals in human vision. Vision Research, 84, 16-25.
- Prados, J., Alvarez, B., Howarth, J., Stewart, K., Gibson, C.L., Hutchinson, C.V., Young, A.M.J, Davidson, C. (2013). Cue competition effects in the planarian. Animal Cognition, 16, 177-186.
- Introduction to Perception and Cognition (module co-ordinator)
- Approaches to Psychology
- Abnormal and Individual Differences
- Abnormal and Individual Differences Library Module (module co-ordinator)
- Cognitive Psychology Library Module
- Visual Cognition
- Evolution, Cognition and Behaviour
- Undergraduate Dissertations
- MSc Research Projects
- School of Psychology PhD/MPhil Admissions Tutor
- BSc Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Admissions Tutor
- BSc Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience Course Tutor
- Year 1 Tutor