Volume 8, 2010
March 2010, Volume 8 no. 1
- The Case of the disappearing object: narratives and artefacts in homes and a museum exhibition from Pakistani heritage families in South Yorkshire
Kate Pahl and Andy Pollard
- Objects of utility: cultural responses to industrial collections in municipal museums 1845-1914
- Between histories and memories:Torgau’s Memorial Museum for Germany’s short twentieth century
Andrew H. Beattie
- Christiane Paul (ed.), New Media in the White Cube and Beyond
Christopher R. Marshall
- Brian Graham and Peter Howard (eds), The Ashgate Research Companion to Heritage and Identity
- Sharon Macdonald, Difficult Heritage: Negotiating the Nazi Past in Nuremberg and Beyond
July 2010, Volume 8 no. 2
- The V&A: empire to multiculturalism?
- Heritage, local communities and the safeguarding of ‘Spirit of Place’ in Taiwan
Peter Davis, Han-yin Huang, Wan-chen Liu
- Instructions between the field and the lab: collecting blood for the ‘Serological Museum’ in the 1950s
Dr. Priska Gisler
- The Empty gallery? Issues of subjects, objects and spaces.
- Janet Marstine (ed.), New Museum Theory and Practice: An Introduction.
- John Potvin and Alla Myzelev (eds), Material Cultures, 1740-1920; The Meanings and Pleasures of Collecting.
November 2010, Volume 8 no. 3
- Guest Editorial: museums and the bicentenary of the abolition of the British slave trade
Laurajane Smith, Geoffrey Cubitt, Emma Waterton
- Humiliated silence: multiculturalism, blame and the trope of ‘moving on’
- Lines of resistance: evoking and configuring the theme of resistance in museum displays in Britain around the bicentenary of 1807
- Rethinking 1807: museums, knowledge and expertise
- ‘Community voices, curatorial choices’: community consultation for the 1807 exhibitions
- ‘Man’s inhumanity to man’ and other platitudes of avoidance and misrecognition: an analysis of visitor responses to exhibitions marking the 1807 bicentenary
- Pascal Blanchard, Nicolas Bancel, Gilles Boëtsch, Éric Deroo and Sandrine Lemaire (eds), Teresa Bridgeman (trans.), Human Zoos: Science and Spectacle in the Age of Colonial Empires
- John M. Mackenzie, Museums and Empire: Natural history, human cultures and colonial identities
Shelley Ruth Butler
- Joachim Baur, Die Musealisierung der Migration: Einwanderungsmuseen und die Inszenierung der multikulturellen
- Gwyneira Isaac, Mediating Knowledges: Origins of a Zuni Tribal Museum