Museum Studies Connect
Welcome to Museum Studies Connect: The Leicester Graduate Network. This exciting initiative was launched in Autumn 2013 to provide professional development opportunities and networks for all of the School’s 4,000 graduates and now boasts over 450 members.
For nearly 50 years the School has been keeping in touch with its graduates in a range of informal ways: bumping into familiar faces at conferences in the UK and abroad; relying upon helpful graduates to provide work placement opportunities; inviting past students back to speak to current students; working with graduates on museum and gallery research projects. It was felt that the time was right to formalise some of these links and to give all graduates access to continued support from the School and more importantly, the biggest and most valuable resource that Leicester can provide – our graduates themselves.
Once registered with Museum Studies Connect, members can immediately benefit from:
- a regular member newsletter highlighting the work of the School and its graduates
- the sharing of member’s professional details for networking opportunities
- opportunities for online discussion and networking through the network’s LinkedIn group ‘University of Leicester School of Museum Studies Alumni’
- an opportunity to offer or take up museum volunteering opportunities
- an annual celebratory event when members of the network are invited back to the School
Future initiatives for the network include:
- the opportunity for some members to more actively contribute to the School by acting as a representative or ambassador
- opportunities to contribute to the School’s teaching
- discounts on conferences and events
- a graduate of the year award
- individual career development support and guidance offered by the School’s staff
Lots of great reasons to join Museum Studies Connect. If you are a graduate of the School of Museum Studies, we would like you to go to www2.le.ac.uk/departments/museumstudies/forms/MSConnectRegistration to join now!