Dr Stephen Garrett
University of Leicester
Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 116 252 3899
Office: 138, Michael Atiyah Building
- Head of Thermofluids Research Group, Department of Engineering
- Head of Actuarial Science, Department of Mathematics
- Distinct transition mechanisms over slender vs. broad rotating cones (with Dr Zahir Hussain and Dr Sharon Stephen).
- The effects of compressibility/heating on rotating cone and sphere flow (with Paul Towers and Alistair Barrow).
- Transition within the Bodewadt layer (with Prof Rebecca Lingwood and Dr Sharon Stephen).
- Generalization to aerodynamically and industrially significant flows (with Dr Zahir Hussain and Dr Sharon Stephen).
- The effects of distributed roughness (with Joe Harris, Musa Ozkan, Dr Alison Cooper and Prof Peter Thomas).
- Global instabilities (with Alistair Barrow and Prof Nigel Peake).
- Non-Newtonian fluids (with Paul Griffiths).
- The influence of streamwise vorticity on transition in the presence of sweep (with Prof J Paul Gostelow, Dr Aldo Rona and Dr Andrew McMullan).
- The efficient delivery and assessment of employability skills.
- Actuarial education.
- Fundamental skills for actuarial and finance students.