Lecturer, PhD University of Warwick
New arXiv preprint (September 2016) under Publications and Preprints.
New arXiv preprint (July 2016) under Publications and Preprints.
New Seminar in Leicester: Seminar on Category Theory and its Applications
Two new arXiv preprints (May 2016) under Publications and Preprints
- S.Paoli, Weakly globular N-fold categories as a model of weak N-categories, preprint 2016, arXiv.1609.04072.
- S.Paoli, Weakly globular Tamsamani N-categories and their rigidification, preprint 2016, arXiv.1607.04870.
- S.Paoli, Pseudo-functors modelling higher structures, preprint 2016, arXiv 1605.06895.
- S.Paoli, Homotopically discrete higher categorical structures, preprint 2016, arXiv 1605.05112
- S. Paoli, D. Pronk, The weakly globular double category of fractions of a category, Theory and Application of categories, 29 (2014) 696-774.
- D. Blanc, S. Paoli, Segal-type algebraic models of n-types, Algebraic and Geometric Topology, 14 (2014) 3419-3491.
- S. Paoli, D. Pronk, A double categorical model of weak 2-categories, Theory and Application of categories, 28, (2013), 933-980.
- D. Blanc, S. Paoli, Two-track categories, Journal of K-theory, 8(1) (2011), 59-106.
- T. M. Fiore, S. Paoli, A Thomason model structure on the category of small n-fold categories, Algebraic and Geometric Topology, 10 (2010), 1933-2008.
- S. Paoli, Weakly globular catn-groups and Tamsamani’s model, Advances in Mathematics, 222, (2009) 621-727.
- S. Paoli, Internal categorical structures, ‘Towards Higher Categories’, The IMA volumes in Mathematics and its applications, edited J. C. Baez and J. P. May, Springer (2009), 85-103.
- T. M. Fiore, S. Paoli, D. A. Pronk, Model structures on the category of small double categories, Algebraic and Geometric Topology, 8 (2008) 1855-1959.
- S. Lack, S. Paoli, 2-nerves for bicategories, K-theory, 38 (2), (2008), 153-175.
- S. Paoli, Semistrict models of connected 3-types and Tamsamani weak 3-groupoids, Journal of Pure and Appl. Algebra, 211, (2007), 801-820.
- S. Lack, S. Paoli, An operadic approach to internal structures, Applied Categorical Structures, 13 (3), (2005), 205-222.
- S. Paoli On the non-balanced property of the category of crossed modules in groups, Journal of Pure and Appl. Algebra, 197, (1-3) , (2005), 19-22.
- S. Paoli, (Co)homology of crossed modules with coefficients in a $\pi_1$-module, Homology, Homotopy and Applications, 5 (1) (2003), 261-296.
I am an enthusiastic speaker who contributes to the dissemination of knowledge in my field with several talks at international conferences and at Institutions worldwide. See the links below:
Conferences and workshops (co)organized
Algebraic Topology Session at the 31st Summer Conference on Topology and its Applications, University of Leicester, 2-5 August 2016.
YaMCATS meetings, 2014-present.
TTT93, University of Leicester, 12 November 2014.
YaMCATS is a LMS-funded research network in category theory between the Universities of Leicester, Leeds and Sheffield. I am the grant-holder.
Seminar on Category Theory and its Applications
I am organizing, together with Alexander Kurz, the Seminar on Category Theory and its Applications.
Current PhD students
LMS Scheme 3 grant for YaMCATS network, 2014-present.
LMS Scheme 1 conference grant, 2016.
EU Marie Curie International Reintegration Grant HOMALGHIGH (2011-2015).
Between 2005-2008 I was principal investigator of the Australian Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship DP0558598 held at Macquarie University.
Current teaching: generalized linear models.
Past teaching: Generalized Linear Models, Linear Statistical Models, Calculus, Linear Algebra.
I am currently Euler House Tutor.