Lecturer, PhD University of Warwick
My research work is in higher category theory and homotopy theory. I am particularly interested in the interactions between these two areas. I also work on questions in homological algebra.
I have maintained an active involvement in my field via collaborations and research stages at some of the main research centres for my area, such as the Centre for Australian Category Theory at Macquarie University.
I am an enthusiastic speaker who contributes to the dissemination of knowledge in my field with several talks at international conferences and at Institutions worldwide. See my talks.
- S. Paoli, D. Pronk, The weakly globular double category of fractions of a category, Theory and Application of categories, 29 (2014) 696-774.
- D. Blanc, S. Paoli, Segal-type algebraic models of n-types, Algebraic and Geometric Topology, 14 (2014) 3419-3491.
- S. Paoli, D. Pronk, A double categorical model of weak 2-categories, Theory and Application of categories, 28, (2013), 933-980.
- D. Blanc, S. Paoli, Two-track categories, Journal of K-theory, 8(1) (2011), 59-106.
- T. M. Fiore, S. Paoli, A Thomason model structure on the category of small n-fold categories, Algebraic and Geometric Topology, 10 (2010), 1933-2008.
- S. Paoli, Weakly globular catn-groups and Tamsamani’s model, Advances in Mathematics, 222, (2009) 621-727.
- S. Paoli, Internal categorical structures, ‘Towards Higher Categories’, The IMA volumes in Mathematics and its applications, edited J. C. Baez and J. P. May, Springer (2009), 85-103.
- T. M. Fiore, S. Paoli, D. A. Pronk, Model structures on the category of small double categories, Algebraic and Geometric Topology, 8 (2008) 1855-1959.
- S. Lack, S. Paoli, 2-nerves for bicategories, K-theory, 38 (2), (2008), 153-175.
- S. Paoli, Semistrict models of connected 3-types and Tamsamani weak 3-groupoids, Journal of Pure and Appl. Algebra, 211, (2007), 801-820.
- S. Lack, S. Paoli, An operadic approach to internal structures, Applied Categorical Structures, 13 (3), (2005), 205-222.
- S. Paoli On the non-balanced property of the category of crossed modules in groups, Journal of Pure and Appl. Algebra, 197, (1-3) , (2005), 19-22.
- S. Paoli, (Co)homology of crossed modules with coefficients in a $\pi_1$-module, Homology, Homotopy and Applications, 5 (1) (2003), 261-296.
YaMCATS is a LMS-funded research network in category theory between the Universities of Leicester, Leeds and Sheffield. I am the grant-holder.
Current PhD students
Marie Curie International Reintegration Grant IRG 256341 (2011-2015).
Between 2005-2008 I was principal investigator of the Australian Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship DP0558598 held at Macquarie University.
Past teaching: Generalized Linear Models, Linear Statistical Models, Calculus, Linear Algebra.