When you join the AMBA accredited MBA at the University of Leicester, you will be making a significant investment in your future. Your decision to join the programme will be one of the most important decisions you will ever make. If you demand first-rate academic standards, are willing to have some of your basic managerial assumptions challenged, and are ready for the hard work involved, you will find studying the MBA programme to be a rewarding and enriching experience.
Aims and Objectives
- The MBA programme has been designed to cover the spectrum of management subjects, calling on a wide range of expertise. It allows you to concentrate on general management or to tailor the course to suit your individual career needs.
- The Leicester MBA provides you with the skills necessary to become a competent and capable manager in today’s global business environment. The course will enhance your ability to evaluate and analyse evidence and implement appropriate solutions in any business environment.
- You will develop the skills to think creatively and strategically about a wide range of business issues, alongside an awareness of cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a cross-cultural, multi-national, team-based environment.
We offer a three stage MBA to help you gain your qualification in 24 months. On the Leicester MBA by distance learning you will study seven core modules and two optional modules, followed by the Research Methods unit and then a 15,000 word dissertation.
Once you have completed the month-long Academic Skills and Knowledge module, the order you study the modules within each stage of your programme will vary according to your start date. Each modular session is of four months duration and two modules are studied within session.
|Stage One||Month of Programme|
|Academic Skills and Knowledge||1|
|Organisational Behaviour||2-5 or 6-9|
|Accounting for Managers||2-5 or 6-9|
|Marketing Design and Operations||2-5 or 6-9|
|Business Ethics in a Global Context||2-5 or 6-9|
|Stage Two||Month of Programme|
|Corporate Finance||10-13 or 14-17|
|Strategy, Business Information and Analysis||10-13 or 14-17|
|Optional Module One||10-13 or 14-17|
|Optional Module Two||10-13 or 14-17|
|Stage Three||Month of Programme|
|Research Methods and Dissertation||18-24|
The Leicester MBA by distance learning is designed to be completed in 24 months, however, if you are unable to commit to 15 hours of study per week we do provide an an option to study one module per session. This would mean an average of 7.5 hours study per week and completing your MBA in 40 months.
Learning, Assessment and Support
Course materials: take advantage of an engaging suite of e-learning materials, blending multimedia content with more traditional-style reading, all available via our virtual learning environment, Blackboard.
Online lectures and seminars: helping you to learn and enabling you to communicate with your tutors and fellow Leicester MBA students
Leicester Digitial Library: access thousands of articles, books and market reports
You will be assessed through a combination of exams, assignments, collaborative projects and a 15,000 word research project. Exams will normally be held at one of our regular exam centres around the world. If you are based in the UK you will sit exams at the University of Leicester main campus.
Studying away from campus doesn't mean that support is far away. Our experience in this kind of delivery means you can expect a strong network of support from a team of dedicated tutors and administrative staff.
February, June and October
We offer students on the Leicester MBA programme a choice of studying for a general MBA or opting to follow one of our five specialist routes:
- MBA (Employee Relations)
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Information Technology Management)
- MBA (Marketing)
- MBA (Quality Management)
Find about more about:
- The core modules and option modules on the Leicester MBA
- Entry requirements and how to apply
- Fees and funding