Distance Learning Study
The University of Leicester has over 25 years experience of offering high quality distance learning courses with over 25,000 graduates from these courses across the University, 12,000 alone from the School's MBA course. As a major provider of online education, we can combine high quality teaching with a vast choice of subjects and consistent value for money. Our online degrees have been specifically designed to be studied at a distance, giving you the flexibility to study from any location within a structured and supportive framework.
What is distance learning?
Primarily delivered through online learning, distance education allows you to study in your own time and space so that you can combine achieving a qualification with work or family commitments. Studying by distance learning has the benefit of allowing you to develop your career without having to leave employment. It also means you can apply new knowledge and insights into your working life whilst you are still studying. Teaching for our distance learning courses is facilitated through our virtual learning environment Blackboard, which can be accessed online from anywhere in the world.
Why study by distance learning at the School?
- We are one of the UK's largest providers of distance learning management and human resource management education.
- Our distance learning courses have been designed to benefit you as an individual and enable you to contribute to the success of your organisation.
- The courses have been developed with the professional in mind and offer you many opportunities for career enhancement.
- Our MSc Finance, MSc Marketing and MSc Human Resource Management and Training courses are also offered via full-time study. Your campus-based counterparts study exactly the same curriculum and receive exactly the same qualification. The only difference is the mode of study.
- The School attracts students and academics from all over the world, ensuring a truly global feel and allowing you to become part of an inclusive, diverse and professional international network.
- The research talents within the School are far-reaching and this research feeds directly into our teaching, allowing you to learn from those currently involved in cutting-edge research in your area of interest.
- Our annual distance learning Summer School held on campus at the University of Leicester allows you to visit your university, network with fellow distance learning students and meet our academic team.
"I thought very hard about returning to study and it was very important to me to find the right University. Leicester totally fit the bill. My advice to others would be – Go for it!"
Mwila Kamwela, Zambia. MBA student and Programme Officer at the European Commission legation in Zambia. Mwila is supported by our agents Education for Africa.
Want to know more?
Contact our Distance Learning Support Team:
T: +44 (0)116 252 5377