School of Management co-organises International Conference on Financial Intermediation, Competition and Risk
The conference attracted 461 proposals for papers from academics, research students, policy-makers and practitioners in 54 countries, and 211 papers were selected for presentation at the Conference.
The main highlights of the conference are:
1. Distinguished Keynote Speakers:
- Prof. Ike Mathur, Southern Illinois University
- Dr. Gianni De Niccolò, International Monetary Fund, Washington
- Prof. Bob De Young, University of Kansas
- Prof. Anjan Thakor, Washington University in St. Louis
2. Presentation by Mr Stefano Mieli, Managing Director of Bank of Italy
3. PhD & Young Researchers' Sessions – with awards for best papers
4. Academic & social programme in the historical city of Rome.
Meryem Duygun Fethi will guest edit (with Franco Fiordelisi, University of Rome III and Stefano Monferrà, University of Naples Parthenope) a special issue of the Journal of Banking and Finance based on papers from the conference.
Further information about the Conference is available from http://host.uniroma3.it/eventi/ifabs2011/