- Students receive intensive preparation for clinical practice through Year 1 in skills training groups. During this year, students are encouraged to enhance their skills by seeking a placement with a relevant voluntary sector counselling agency.
- Students are required to complete 50 non-clinical placement hours in by the end of Year 3.
- Students begin a formal, counselling placement at the beginning of Year 2, and they are required to complete 150 hours of counselling placement by the end of Year 3.
- Weekly supervision groups are included in Years 2 & 3..
- It is the student's responsibility to find a suitable counselling agency and negotiate a placement, although support is available. Specific guidance can be provided in finding counselling placements in Leicester.
- Students can see up to 3 clients a week in their first year. This may be increased in Year 3 subject to negotiation between the supervisor, student and agency.