About the Law School
Welcome to the University of Leicester School of Law
The law school consistently features among the top law schools in the country. Here are five reasons why we do so well in the league tables:
- We are committed to offering the best in undergraduate and postgraduate legal education.
- We strive to deliver research and writing to the highest international standards.
- We have formal links with top-class law schools in many other countries, particularly in other European countries.
- Our graduates are highly regarded both by the legal professions and by a wide range of employers.
- We are a large, friendly and cosmopolitan law school with an international outlook.
We hope you will choose the University of Leicester as your first choice law school for your legal education.
Professor Mark Bell, Head of School of Law
Reasons to Choose Leicester to Study Law
- Consistently ranked among the best law schools in the country in the annual National Student Surveys
- In terms of research power, 17th of 67 rated law schools in the RAE 2008
- The exceptionally wide range of optional modules offered
- The friendliness and informality of relations between staff and students
- The cosmopolitan nature of the Law School
- The flourishing Student Law Society
- A guarantee for the first year of a place in University accommodation