Doctor of Medicine (Dr med), University of Mainz
PhD Biological Sciences, University of Leicester.
- Medical studies University of Mainz, Germany, qualification to practice medicine, academic degree of Dr med for 2 year exptl work in autoimmune endocrinology.
- House Officer posts Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Research Scholar (DAAD stipend) in Dept of Microbiology and Immunology, Research Assistant posts.
- PhD University of Leicester
- Research Fellowship, University of Marburg, Germany
- Honorary Lectureship, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
- Lectureship, Department of Infection, Immunity & Inflammation, Currently, Senior Lecturer
- Regional Fellow, Royal Society of Medicine, Academic Editor PLOS One..
Establishing MASP-2, properdin, and properdin/LDLR deficient hosts. Significant contributions to the field of complement in polymicrobial sepsis and non-septic shock, ischemia and chronic arthritic inflammation, international collaborations.
- Supervisorial: teaching (immunology), progress review panel member, ethical review and animal welfare committee, genome science steering committee.
- Exam Boards: (MSc, BSc)
- Module convenor MSc Infection and Immunity (MB7305), CRF management committee
Royal Society of Medicine (Regional Fellow), Society of General Microbiology, British Society of Immunology, Infectious Disease Research Network, Academia Net, British Science Association.
Co-inventor Licence Agreement (University of Leicester/Omeros Corporation USA): "Methods for treating conditions associated with MASP-2 dependent complement activation".