For Current Students


If your studies are affected in any way by illness or any other mitigating circumstance then you must complete this form. Please either hand a hard copy into the School Office or send an electronic copy to Further details about supporting evidence and the mitigating circumstances procedure can be found in the Undergraduate Assessment Handbook.

If illness affects attendance but does not impact on your assessment  performance and the absence is of less than seven days’ duration, you are required to inform the School. This is done by filling in a self-certified ‘Notification of Absence’ form as soon as you are fit to do so. You must obtain medical evidence from a qualified medical practitioner to cover absence caused by illness, whatever its duration, if you believe it has adversely affected your performance in an assessment. You cannot self-certify illness in this instance.

This form is for all postgraduate research students who want to apply for annual leave. Once your application has been reviewed, you will receive an email confirmation of the decision. Failure to follow this process will result in your annual leave being unauthorised.

Handbooks and Guides

Useful Information

  • Visa Information Sessions

The Student Welfare Service holds Visa Information sessions throughout the year for International Students. The sessions provide useful information on how to apply to extend your current student visa, how to apply for a Schengen visa (many students like to take the opportunity to visit other European countries during their time in the UK). They also provide a session on how your family members can apply to come and visit you in the UK . Last but by no means least they also provide information on what is required to bring a spouse and any dependent children to join them in the UK, throughout your studies. More information can be found here.

Share this page: