Dr Toby Lincoln
Lecturer in Chinese Urban History
- Tel: +44 (0)116 252 5907
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Room 007, 1 Salisbury Road
- Office Hour: Semester 2, Tuesday 2pm-4pm
- Dissertation Office Hour: Tuesday 4pm-5pm
After graduating from the University of Birmingham in 1999, I spent two years living and working in China. On my return to the UK, I embarked on further study in London before pursuing a D.Phil at the University of Oxford. After a year as a postdoctoral associate at the Council on East Asian Studies, Yale University, I joined the department here at Leicester in 2010.
Economic, political and social history of modern China; Chinese urban history and industrialisation.
Most Recent Publications
- “From Riots to Relief: Rice, Local Government and Charities in Occupied Central China.” in Food and War in Mid-Twentieth-Century East Asia, edited by Katarzyna J. Cwiertka, Ashgate, 2013, 11-28.
- “The Rural and Urban at War: Invasion and Reconstruction in China during the Anti-Japanese War of Resistance,” Journal of Urban History 38, no. 1 (January 2012): 114-132.