TIMMS -- The Infant Mortality & Morbidity Studies
The Infant Mortality & Morbidity Studies (TIMMS) are a collaborative group of national and regional research projects.
The aim of this group of studies is to investigate the causes, consequences, and management of morbidity and mortality of the fetus, infant, and child related to pregnancy, delivery, infancy and childhood in defined populations.
All the TIMMS studies require research collaborations with local, regional and national clinicians in specialties including: obstetrics, neonatal medicine, paediatrics, pathology, toxicology and genetics, and the Regional, Strategic Health Authority & PCT Directors of Public Health.
The Infant Mortality & Morbidity Studies include:
- EMSYCAR -- East Midlands and South Yorkshire Congenital Anomalies Register
- EPICure 2 -- A study of extreme prematurity in 2006
- LAMBS -- Late And Moderate preterm Birth Study
- NIHR Programme Grant
- PANDA -- Preterm AND After
- PICANet -- Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network
- TNS -- The Neonatal Survey
- Understanding inequalities in cause-specific infant mortality
See all TIMMS research projects