Selection of publications:
- Minion JT, Bath PA, and Albright K. (In press). From sponge to source: health information in the lives of gay men living with HIV. Proceedings of the 8th Global Conference on Health, Illness and Disease. Inter-Disciplinary Press: Oxford.
- Aveling EL, Cornish F & Oldmeadow JA. Diversity in sex workers’ strategies for the protection of social identity: Content, context and contradiction. In B. Wagoner (Ed.) Symbolic transformations: The mind in movement through culture and society London: Routledge
- Zittoun T, Aveling EL, Gillespie A & Cornish F. People in transitions in worlds in transition: Ambivalence in the transition to womanhood during World War II. In A.C. Bastos, K. Uriko & J. Valsiner (Ed.s) Cultural dynamics of Women’s lives: Personal Cultures at critical transitions of the life course Charlotte, NC: IAP
- Waring J, Dixon-Woods M, Yeung K. Modernising medical regulation: where are we now? Journal of Health Organization and Management 24: 540-555
- Dixon-Woods M, Bosk CL. Learning through observation: the role of ethnography in improving critical care. Current Opinion in Critical Care, V16 6: 639-642.
- Jackson C, Dixon-Woods M, Eborall H, Kenyon S, Toozs-Hobson P, Tincello DG. Women’s views and experiences of a patient preference trial in surgery: a qualitative study of the CARPET1 trial. Clinical Trials
- Angell E, Biggs H, Gahleitner F, Dixon-Woods M. What do research ethics committees say about applications to conduct research involving children? Archives of Disease in Childhood
- Yeung K, Dixon-Woods M. Design-based regulation and patient safety: a regulatory studies perspective. Social Science and Medicine
- Tarrant C, Dixon-Woods M, Colman A, Stokes T. Continuity and trust in primary care: a qualitative study informed by game theory. Annals of Family Medicine
- Dixon-Woods M. Why is patient safety so hard? A selective review of ethnographic studies conducted as part of the Patient Safety Research Programme. Journal of Health Services Research and Policy 15 Supp 1: 11-6
- Dixon-Woods M, Tarrant C, Willars J, Suokas A. How will it work? A qualitative study of strategic stakeholders’ account of a patient safety initiative. Quality and Safety in Health Care 19:74-78
- Paddison CAM, Eborall HC, French DP, Kinmonth A-L, Prevost AT, Griffin SJ & Sutton S. Predictors of anxiety and depression among people attending diabetes screening: A prospective cohort study embedded in the ADDITION (Cambridge) Randomised Control Trial. B J Health Psych
- Thornton H. Invited Editorial: Communicating to citizens the benefits, harms and risks of preventive interventions. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. 64;2:101-102
- Saul H, Thornton H. PODIUM: `The tide is turning` in the breast screening debate. European Journal of Cancer 46 261-265 February 2010
- Thornton H. Editorial: Case Reports: “Explaining the phenomena of clinical experience” “A cornerstone of medical progress” International Journal of Surgery. 8. 333-335.
- Baum M, Thornton H, Goetzsche P. Breast cancer awareness month. Still awaiting screening facts. BMJ 341:c6152
- Thornton H. Shared decision making: personal, professional and political. International Journal of Surgery.
- Zittoun T, Aveling EL, Gillespie A & Cornish F. ‘People in transitions in worlds in transition: Ambivalence in the transition to womanhood during World War II.’ In A.C. Bastos, K. Uriko & J. Valsiner (Ed.s) Cultural dynamics of Women’s lives: Personal Cultures at critical transitions of the life course Charlotte, NC: IAP