- Observational study of resource use and cost of Alzheimer's disease in Europe (GERAS) - a multi-centre project funded by Eli Lilly
- Smell identification function as a treatment response marker and progression marker in Alzheimer's disease.
- Clinical imaging markers in Alzheimer's disease (in collaboration with Institute of Psychiatry, London and Nottingham University).
- Longitudinal outcome in people assessed in Younger Person's Memory Service.
- Screening for depression using the Edinburgh Depression Rating Scale in older adults in an acute general hospital setting.
- Sarah Baillon - The performance of the Edinburgh Depression Rating Scale as a screening tool for depression in Parkinson’s disease.
- Secondary analysis of ONS Psychiatric Morbidity Survey Data from 2000:
- the relationship between age, worry content, common mental disorders and functional limitation.
- the relationship between age, suicidal ideation and common mental disorder, and the influence of limitation in activities of daily living on suicidal ideation.
- An evaluation of nurse-led computer-assisted patient assessment and diagnosis in the memory clinic (a collaboration with Loughborough University).
- A multi-centre MRC funded project - Donepezil and Memantine in moderate to severe Alzheimer’s disease (DOMINO-AD).
- A survey of all in-patient admissions in Mental Health Services for Older People over a six month period.
- Personality disturbance in older adults with depression and self harm: a case control study.
- A definitive multi-centre pragmatic randomised controlled trial of clinical and cost effectiveness of mirtazipine and sertraline versus placebo for the treatment of depression in dementia presenting in secondary care (HTA-SADD).
- A systematic review of the outcome of deliberate self harm in older people (a collaboration with Leeds University).
- A caseload weighting scale for use by community psychiatric nurses in community mental health teams (CMHTs) for older people.
- A randomised controlled trail of a cholinesterase inhibitor in the management of agitation in dementia that is unresponsive to psychological intervention (CALM-AD Trial).