Lecturer in Genetic Epidemiology
Department of Health Sciences
University of Leicester
Adrian Building, University Road
Leicester, LE1 7RH
Tel: 00 44 116 229 7252
- Study of the genetic variation underlying common complex diseases and traits;
- Genome-wide association studies of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) and copy number variants (CNVs)
- Focus on respiratory and cardiovascular disease and traits with additional interests in motor neurone disease and rare Mendelian disorders
- Analysis of re-sequencing data including target region and exome data.
- Wan YI, Shrine NR, Soler Artigas M, Wain LV et al. Genome-wide association study to identify genetic determinants of severe asthma. Thorax (2012) epub May 5
Wain LV et al. Genome-wide association study identifies six new loci influencing pulse pressure and mean arterial pressure. Nature Genetics (2011) 43(10):1005-11.
- Soler Artigas M*, Loth DW*, Wain LV* et al. Genome-wide association and large scale follow-up identifies 16 novel loci for lung function. Nature Genetics (2011) 43(11):1082-1090 (* joint first authors)
- International Consortium for Blood Pressure Genome-Wide Association Studies (ICBP-GWAS). Genetic variants in novel pathways influence blood pressure and cardiovascular disease risk. Nature (2011) 478(7367):103-9.
- Soler Artigas M, Wain LV, et al. Effect of 5 genetic variants associated with lung function on the risk of COPD, and their joint effects on lung function. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. (2011) 184(7):786-795.
- Obeidat M, Wain LV, et al. A Comprehensive evaluation of potential lung function associated genes in the SpiroMeta general population sample. PLoS One (2011) 6(5):e19382.
- Soler Artigas M, Wain LV, Tobin MD. Genome Wide Association Studies in Lung Disease. Thorax. Published online August 2011.
- Wellcome Trust Case Control Consortium. Genome-wide association study of CNVs in 16,000 cases of eight common diseases and 3,000 shared controls. Nature (2010) 464(7289):713-20.
- Repapi E*, Sayers I*, Wain LV*, et al. Genome-wide association study identifies five new loci associated with lung function. Nature Genetics (2009) 42(1):36-44 (* joint first authors).
- Wain LV, Armour JAL, Tobin MD. Genomic copy number variation, human health and disease. Lancet (2009) 374, 340-50
- Wain LV, Pedroso I, Landers JE, Breen G, Shaw CE, Leigh PN, Brown RH, Tobin MD, Al-Chalabi A. The role of copy number variation in susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: genome-wide association study and comparison with published loci. PLoS One (2009) 4(12):e8175.
- Newton-Cheh C, Johnson T, Gateva V, Tobin MD, Bochud M, Coin L, Najjar SS, Zhao JH, Heath SC, Eyheramendy S, Papadakis K, Voight BF, Scott LJ, Zhang F, Farrall M, Tanaka T, Wallace C, Chambers JC, Khaw KT, Nilsson P, van der Harst P, Polidoro S, Grobbee DE, Onland-Moret NC, Bots ML, Wain LV, et al. (Genome-wide association study identifies eight loci associated with blood pressure. Nature Genetics (2009) 41, 666 - 676
- Tobin MD, Timpson NJ, Wain LV, Ring S, Jones LR, Emmett PM, Palmer TM, Ness AR, Samani NJ, Smith GD, Burton PR. Common variation in the WNK1 gene and blood pressure in childhood: the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. Hypertension(2008) 52,974-9.