PG25 Building a Portfolio of Career Skills
from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Who is this workshop for?
This is a careers workshop for postgraduate students.
This workshop will focus on two key areas:
- Employment related transferrable skills
- Participants’ current situation and employment aspirations.
This will include exploring the transferrable skills they have, along with those they would benefit from developing, in order to optimise their career opportunities.
What will it cover?
On completion of this activity participants will have:
- Explored the concept of employment related transferrable skills as they apply to PhD students
- Looked at where they want to be: 1. post-PhD, and 2. at their next key career point, in the context of where they are now
- Explored, realistically, their job opportunities within the employment market
- Initiated a professional development action plan to address the career management development needs identified
Key words: careers, communication, career planning, management, job applications
Our workshops are limited to a maximum of 24 places. If you plan to attend this workshop, please complete our workshop booking form. Registration is not compulsory for attendance, but is recommended to secure your place in the workshop as those who have booked online will take priority.
Do I need to do anything to prepare?
There is no preparation required.
To include this session in your Outlook calendar click vCal and then Open.
All rooms are wheelchair accessible.