Postgraduate Research Policy Committee
The Postgraduate Research Policy Group reports to the University's Senate and is chaired by the Graduate Dean. It has strategic oversight of policy and quality assurance processes relating to research degree programmes.
Terms of Reference
- Develop, implement, and monitor postgraduate research student policies and regulations.
- Work with Colleges to develop a Graduate School postgraduate research strategy.
- Develop and monitor research training for research students.
- Support new initiatives and offer advice on funding bids for research students.
- Develop and monitor policies on supervisory practice and support training events for supervisors.
- Monitor submission and qualification rates for research students.
- Promote and disseminate best practice relating to doctoral studies.
- Develop and monitor policies for Graduate Teaching Assistants.
- Support and monitor the performance of Doctoral Training Centres.
- Work with the Academic Policy Committee to ensure that the University's requirements in relation to any taught elements of research degree programmes are met.
- The Graduate Dean (Chair)
- The Director of Postgraduate Research from each College
- The Head of the Academic Practice Unit
- The Head of the Quality Office
- One Research Student Representative from each College
Secretariat - Quality Office