Brett Dodgson, Graduate School Officer
Brett Dodgson provides professional support for the University's Graduate School, working closely with the Graduate Dean to develop Graduate School strategy and policies and promote the Graduate School and its activities across the University.
Brett is Secretary to the University's Postgraduate Research Policy Committee which reports to the University Senate and the College of Science and Engineering's Postgraduate Research Group which reports to the College's Research and Enterprise Committee.
Originally from Milton Keynes, Brett Dodgson has worked in higher education since 2001. Brett worked at The Open University (2001-2008) and the University of Nottingham (2008-2009) before joining the University of Leicester.
Brett holds a BA degree in town planning and urban design (Oxford Brookes University, 2000) and a Certificate in Management (The Open University, 2008).
Role and Responsibilities
As the University's Graduate School Officer, Brett provides professional support for the Graduate Dean and the wider Graduate School:
- Research and policy support on issues relating to postgraduate education
- Administration of University's researcher development budget and expenditure
- Working with the Assistant Registrar to develop the University's quality assurance procedures with particular responsibility for policies and regulations relating to research degree programmes
- Representing the Graduate School on University project teams and at relevant committees
- Planning and management of Graduate School projects - particularly projects relating to the promotion of postgraduate study and the skills and career development of research students - and working with colleagues in Marketing, Admissions, and Academic Practice to achieve Graduate School Objectives
- Administration of College and other bids to the Graduate School Research Development Fund
- Administration of postgraduate researcher bids to University's Research Training Support Grant (for Arts and Humanities Research Council supported researchers)
Development and design of online resources for research students, including:
- Writing and Submitting Your Thesis
- Preparing for Your Viva Exam
- Presenting Your Research
- You and Your Supervisor
- Submitting Your e-Thesis
Events and Communications
Responsible for planning and delivery of Graduate School events and communications, including:
Responsible for design and development of postgraduate related web content, including:
Development and design of online advertising for University postgraduate funding opportunities
Responsible for coordination of University participation in and analysis of institutional results from:
Secretary to Postgraduate Research Policy Committee
Secretary to College of Science and Engineering Postgraduate Research Group
Member of Secretariat for Postgraduate Appeals Panels
Contact Brett Dodgson
University of Leicester
- Telephone +44 (0)116 229 7463
- Fax +44 (0)116 223 1324
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org